Monday, June 05, 2006

Dismantling Aruba: Pound by Pound

"As CEO and Founder of Curves International INC., I want to personally apologize for not responding in a more sensitive manner to the initial inquiry from MS -------- regarding the sweepstakes in Aruba.

The response from our Customer Service Department was sent without my review and certainly does not reflect the concern I felt over the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. I have a thirteen year old daughter of my own and cannot imagine the anguish being felt.

Curves was founded and built on the principle of strengthening women and helping them live happier, healthier lives. While we didn't create the promotion or develop or pay for the ad featuring the Aruba sweepstakes, I agree that any association between Curves and Aruba at this time is unnecessary and regrettable.

To this end, I've instructed our marketing department to make sure that any future advertising related to this promotion is cancelled and that any prize winners have the option of accepting a cash equivalent to the featured trip.

I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. Again, I apologize that we didn't respond more appropriately last week. Most importantly, Natalee and those who love her are very much in our prayers and the prayers of the family."

Gary Heavin

CEO and Founder

Curves International.